Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That Time of Year


It is that time of year when First Holy Communions and Confirmations abound. I made this card for a special blessing in my life, Emily, who will celebrate her First Holy Communion and Confirmation next weekend. Sadly enough, I do not have a cross in my entire stamp collection. Hard to believe, I know. Anyhow, I got creative and made my own cross with Stampin' Up's Simply Said set. Doesn't it look so dainty, especially on the SU shimmery white paper? I also used the SU Elegant Bouquet embossing folder - on my Cuttle Bug (I cheated!) For a finishing touch, I placed delicate pearls in the center of each flower. Do you want to hear the most adorable part? For Emily's gift, we got her a pink Bible cover that is decorated with large daises. How is that for a theme? Now comes the difficult part...writing a nice sentiment inside without screwing up my whole card! I guess I had better go purchase a cross stamp before I need to make a religious card for a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment