Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


A happy (belated) Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms out there! These were my cards this year. I used Stampin' Up's Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black, along with stamps from the SU Garden Silhouettes and Of the Earth sets. If you look closely, you can see that I clear heat embossed a garden on the black. To color my main image, I used a technique I found on Splitcoaststampers.com called "Black Magic." I stamped my butterfly using a Whisper White Craft Pad. After letting it dry (thoroughly!) I colored over the white with metallic colored pencils. I added some silver dots with my Zig Painty to accent my image. I hope you enjoy the final product!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky for me, I was a recipient of one of these cards. It is more beautiful in person! Your mom is going to try this technique of using a metallic pencil over white craft ink. And thank you Jenny, Mark & Syd for the lovely Mother's Day celebration.

    ReplyDelete